Sunday, September 27, 2026

Awe and Wonder: the book

 This  most recent book is one that I began on over a decade ago when I began to notice things happening around me that had no real explanation, or atleast not in the human realm. Once it happened once, I began to notice it more and more. Soon, I was writing these chapters as blog entries in what I hoped would publish someday. These are the stories. 

One thing that I believe is that so often, we try to put God in a box. I know that I grew up hearing the stories about how God parted the red sea for Moses, or made walls fall around Jericho; but many times, I admit that the "Big G God" operated in such a place of awe and wonder that when given stories about the not-so ordinary everyday occurrences that might happen on the playground or even at an intersection of a light, God's brilliance could be seen in the daily instances of our lives. 

As I share these stories, my hope is that you will begin to notice how God is a great communicator, and not just when he parts the seas or makes bushes burn; but also when he allows us to see him in the ordinary days of our lives. I pray that this book takes God out of that box and places him in the grand cosmos of his creation where the depth of his existence can't be contained. 


1 Corinthians 4:24
A person should think of us in this way; as servants of Christ and managers of the mysteries of God. In this regard, it is required that managers be found faithful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment